COURSE COSTS AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
- How much does the course cost and what does it include?
The fee for our Beginner Driver Education Program comes with two different packages. Silver package is $375 and Gold package is $460. Please see our courses & fees link for details.
- Do I have to pay that all at once?
Yes, although payment plans are an option. That can be discussed with our office manager either in person at our office, or by telephone. Please note: The in-vehicle portion of the program will not begin until the student's account has been paid in full.
- How can I pay?
We accept Cheque and cash.
- Are there any other fees?
Only if a student decides to take some additional driving lessons or re-take the driving test.
- Any other questions?
If you have any other questions, please contact us.
From the Beginners Test to the Drivers License
- How old do I have to be to get my beginners learning permit (G1)?
You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Where can I write my beginners learning permit test?
The written test is done at any Drive Test Centre in Ontario.
- When can I take my driving test?
Complete MTO approved BDE course is will help you to do the road test in 8 months, instead of waiting for one full year.
- Can I just take some in-vehicle lessons and not the classroom part?
Private lessons are done at the discretion of the driving school. The complete program is highly recommended for all novice drivers, regardless of age.
- Do I get a discount on my insurance?
Yes. It is very difficult at this point to explain. Once you join the classroom the instructor will explain with details and the different available options.
- How much will my insurance cost?
Sorry, can’t answer that one. You must ask an insurance company. There are many factors that affect the price of insurance...
- Do I need insurance to take the Driver Education Program?
No, Ontario Driving School is required to carry all the necessary insurance in order for students to operate our vehicles.
- Do I have to have insurance when I drive with my beginners permit?
We recommend that the owner of any vehicle being driven by a novice driver must be notifying their insurance company.
- Do I have to have insurance when I get my license?
Absolutely!! It is required by law that every vehicle be insured to carry a minimum of $500.000.00 Public liability and Property Damage, (commonly called PLPD).
- What if I am driving someone else’s car?
It is up to the owner of the vehicle to make sure that you’re insured to drive their vehicle.
- If I am a first time buyer, where should I purchase my insurance?
You should "shop around". Get quotes (better to do it in person, than by phone) from at least five different insurance providers.
- Any more questions?
We strongly advise that all newly licensed drivers be very vigilant about their insurance needs.